Termination of Employment
This is a high-risk area for employers, with lots of pitfalls for the unwary. If you are considering dismissing someone, or if you have received an unfair dismissal / general protections claim, we can provide the help you need.
How can AFEI help?
We can guide you through the whole process:
- How to handle an unfair dismissal claim
- How to handle a general protections claim
- Whether your employee is excluded from making a claim
- How to handle a resignation
- What to do where an employee is frequently absent
- Giving warnings
- Dismissal for poor performance
- Dismissal for serious misconduct
- Notice requirements
- Termination and small business employers
- Termination and casual employees
- Termination and probationary employees
- Termination and fixed-term contracts
- Making changes to a job, work conditions or an employment contract
- Termination and workers compensation
- Giving references
If you are considering terminating an employee’s employment please do not hesitate to contact the AFEI Hotline on (02) 9264 2000. Then, if you want us to formally represent you, we can advise you each step of the way, help you with or handle all the necessary paper work and technical requirements, represent you in negotiations with the employee and in any court proceedings.
Online Knowledge Base – Information and resources for AFEI Members
AFEI Members get access to the Online Knowledge Base, a series of articles, guides, and templates designed to answer frequent questions and tackle complex employment topics.View the knowledge base