- About AFEI
- Our Services
- We Help Employers
- My Account
THE NATIONAL EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS, AWARDS & AGREEMENTS
Employee minimum wages, conditions and entitlements come from:
- the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) and other employment legislation;
- the employee’s award or agreement;
- the employee’s contract of employment; and,
- workplace policies incorporated into the employee’s contract of employment.
The Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) provides a minimum safety net for employees under the National Employment Standards (NES). The NES operates in conjunction with awards and agreements.
Awards and agreements set out legal minimum pay and conditions.
If you are an AFEI member looking for your awards CLICK HERE.
AFEI, through the AFEI Hotline, can help with questions on:
- entitlements under the NES;
- minimum wage rates under employee awards;
- minimum wage rate under employee enterprise agreements;
- minimum conditions (penalties, loadings, allowances, hours under awards and agreement;
- the interaction between the NES, awards and enterprise agreements;
- the enterprise bargaining process; and,
- individual flexibility arrangements.
Please also CLICK HERE for AFEI's guide to payment of wages.
These services make meeting your award/agreement/NES obligations easy and are designed to protect you against claims for underpayment of wages or breaches of the complex legislation covering pay and employee entitlements.