- About AFEI
- Our Services
- We Help Employers
- My Account
- Do you need help sorting out which awards apply to your employees?
- Are you having trouble keeping up to date with changes award rates and conditions?
- Are you confused about what an award provision actually means or how an entitlement it is to be calculated?
Changes in Federal Industrial Relations legislation and Modern Awards
With the introduction of the Fair Work Act there have been major changes in awards, agreements and their coverage, with more to come.
While the federal award system was in the process of being "reformed" ("award modernisation"), employers faced an array of transitional arrangements to replace the old award system. These arrangements included Federal awards, Notional Agreements Preserving State awards (NAPSAs), Transitional awards, and Prereform awards. Modern awards will take their place from 1 January 2010.
We can help you manage these changes through our:
And the AFEI Hotline is available every working day to explain which awards to use, what they require and how best to make them work in a practical way for the business.
So if you need help with awards, particularly with introduction of modern awards, contact us.
- Complete answers to your award and payroll queries, quickly, from experts who understand employer needs and concerns.
- Save time and effort sorting out award and payroll problems
- Protect yourself against underpayment claims