- 17 October 2019
17 October 2019
1:00 pm - 4:30 pm
This course applies to individuals who either work in organisations that are supplied with services by contractors or work in organisations that supply such services. It is only concerned with the supply of on-site services to workplaces. It does not cover outworkers or contractors who supply goods, materials or products to workplaces. Examples include:
- Community sector organisation contractors (e.g. psychologist; carers; shopping companions; program delivery [eg art program; fitness program; cooking program; etc.])
- Engagement of regular contractors (e.g. garden maintenance contractors; window cleaners; commercial cleaners; security; etc)
- Specific industry types (e.g. construction work [including high risk construction work: scaffolding, rigging, crane and hoist operation, forklift operation and pressure equipment operation] or maintenance work; working in confined spaces; hot work operations; asbestos removal; working at a height greater than 2 metres; working with gas or electrical work; excavation work)
- Traffic management and traffic controller contractors
- Contract trainers
The WHS management of contractors has a strong focus on compliance with WHS organisational and legislative requirements.
Who should attend
People already in the workforce who have a responsibility for overseeing the services of contractors or work for organisations who supply such services.
Topics covered include:
- Identifying contractor services and contract documentation
- Determining contractor compliance with WHS legislation
- Developing and implementing improvements to contractor arrangements
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued at the completion of the course.
Course Duration & Venue
Duration: Half Day: 1.00pm – 4.30pm
Venue: AFEI, Level 2, 97-99 Bathurst Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Course Fee (GST Free)
Member Fee: AUD $280
Non Member Fee: AUD $340
Fee includes afternoon tea and course materials.