- 4 November 2020
4 November 2020
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Staff are the first point of contact with any organisation so it is vital that their telephone manner is professional and polished. This course is designed to equip participants with the skills to build a positive reputation for your company.
Who should attend
This course is for new receptionist staff, people new to office and administration work who receive and make telephone calls, people who want to improve their telephone skills and interpersonal manner and for people who receive clients and others at the front face of the business.
- The role of the telephone in business
- Telephone etiquette
- Managing the call process
- Problem solving
- Managing challenging calls
- Effective communication on the telephone
- Holding and transferring calls
- Speech, language and appropriate speech patterns
- Positive interaction
- Maintaining enthusiasm
- Monitoring conduct
- Building rapport
On completion, participants should be able to:
- State the importance of the telephone to their business
- Describe the skills needed to maximise their effectiveness
- Describe effective telephone techniques
- Explain the importance of making a professional and positive first impression
- Describe appropriate conduct, interpersonal communication and rapport building
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued at the completion of the course.
Duration & Venue
Duration: One day: 9.00am – 4.30pm
Venue: AFEI, Level 2, 97-99 Bathurst Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Fee (GST Free)
Member Fee: AUD $350
Non Member Fee: AUD $395
Fee includes morning and afternoon tea, light lunch and course materials.