- 23 July 2020
23 July 2020
9:00 am - 12:30 pm
- 19 November 2020
19 November 2020
9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Managers have increasing legal and other responsibilities in Australian workplaces and safety is one key responsibility. Ultimately, this is only as good as the effectiveness of managers and supervisors in managing this complex topic. Safety Leadership involves prioritising organisational goals and this can only be achieved by ensuring that the workers responsible for this role have the knowledge and skill to make these decisions.
This course is designed for anyone in a position of leadership, to support them in understanding their legal obligations and to help develop skills in communicating, enforcing and managing safety.
This course can be presented to a team at your premises. For details, please contact Training Services on 02 9264 2000.
Who should attend
Anyone in a leadership position in a workplace.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding key responsibilities within an organisational context
- Understanding risk management and its application to WHS issues
- Effective consultation
- Linking safety and performance management
- Understanding and supporting a good safety culture
- Understanding boundaries and expectations (for example: ‘When does an issue become a safety issue and when is it a grievance or performance management issue?’)
On completion, participants should be able to:
- Manage the key responsibilities of their role.
- Motivate their direct reports to prioritise WHS.
- Feel confident in enforcing safety rules in the workplace.
- Understand the complexities between safety, workplace grievances, workers compensation and management.
- See WHS as a positive force within the organisation and not a process that impacts detrimentally upon production.
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued at the completion of the course.
Duration & Venue
Duration: Half Day: 9.00am – 12.30pm
Venue: AFEI, Level 2, 97-99 Bathurst Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Fee (GST Free)
Member Fee: AUD $280
Non Member Fee: AUD $340
Fee includes morning tea and course materials.