- 19 Sep 2018
19 September 2018
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Incidents are a fact of life in the modern workplace. How you manage those incidents is critical and can mean the difference between immediate issue resolution, a long-term compensation claim, or a work health and safety (WHS) prosecution. Actions made in the immediate aftermath of an incident may have critical legal consequences for your organisation.
This course is designed to support managers and safety officers/coordinators understand the wider context of incident investigation, including the practical processes involved in effective incident management and follow up.
Who should attend
Anyone with responsibility for safety or incident management, including supervisors, managers and company officers.
Topics covered include:
- Critical incident management.
- Responding to the regulator.
- Root cause analysis.
- Legal implications of incident management and follow up.
- Corrective actions and improvement.
On completion, participants should be able to:
- Identify how to respond to a variety of incident types.
- Understand the legal powers and authority of WHS regulators.
- Apply root cause analysis techniques to an incident investigation.
- Develop appropriate corrective actions.
- Understand the wider legal consequences of incident management.
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued at the completion of the course.
Duration & Venue
Duration: One Day: 9.00am – 4.30pm
Venue: AFEI, Level 2, 97-99 Bathurst Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Fee (GST Free)
Member Fee: AUD $350
Non Member Fee: AUD $395
Fee includes morning and afternoon tea, light lunch and course materials.