- 9 October 2018
9 October 2018
9:30 am - 1:00 pm
Managing employee performance and conduct remains one of the most important areas of employment. The productivity and success of any organisation depends on the performance of its employees and alignment of their efforts with organisational goals and policies. Managing performance is however an increasingly difficult area, often triggering a range of employee protections under current legislation.
The purpose of this course is to provide managers with the knowledge needed to recognise and distinguish between performance/conduct issues, an overview of performance and conduct management processes, and tools for handling poor performance or misconduct. Additionally, AFEI Legal will explain the legislative context and considerations to minimise legal exposure using real case studies and experience.
Who should attend
All managers and supervisors with the responsibility for managing the work of staff.
Presented by the employment law experts, consultants and solicitors at AFEI and AFEI Legal, the course will cover:
- Ensuring clarity of roles and performance outcomes, and practical performance measures.
- Differences between poor performance and misconduct
- The legal framework including employment contracts, policies, modern awards and enterprise agreements, as well as employee protections and actions such as unfair dismissals, general protections and bullying complaints.
- Processes for managing poor performance and misconduct, including preparing for and conducting meetings to address poor performance and misconduct
- Determining whether a warning or dismissal is appropriate in the circumstances
- Recent case studies
On completion, participants should be able to:
- Understand the legal framework and compliance issues related to managing performance and conduct, including how to minimise the risks of employee actions resulting from performance management.
- Recognise sources of performance measures and conduct regulation.
- Know the differences between managing performance and conduct issues.
- Understand processes for managing poor performance and misconduct.
- Make informed decisions about appropriate tools for managing poor performance and misconduct, including when to issue a warning, or terminate employment.
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued at the completion of the workshop.
Duration & Venue
Duration: Half Day: 9.30am – 1.00pm
Venue: AFEI, Level 2, 97-99 Bathurst Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Fee (GST Free)
Member Fee: AUD $290
Non Member Fee: AUD $350
Fee includes morning tea and course materials.