- 27 Nov 2018
27 November 2018
9:00 am - 12:30 pm
This course enables participants to develop and write safe work method statements (SWMS), which can be used as part of the WHS Management System.
Who should attend
Managers and supervisors, principal contractors, sub-contractors and workplace (constructcion) safety officers, across all industries.
Topics covered include:
- Overview of the Work Health Safety Act 2011
- WHS risk management
- Key components of SWMS
- General guidelines for preparing SWMS
- Consultation requirements for preparing SWMS
- Establishing relationships between SWMS, WHS risk management and the Safety Management System.
On completion, participants should be able to:
- Outline the elements required for inclusion in SWMS
- Outline the requirements to provide SWMS to all workers on the significance of Codes of Practice
- Explain the legal requirement for SWMS to contain WHS risk management information
- Explain how SWMS can be used to program work
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued at the completion of the course.
Duration & Venue
Duration: Half Day: 9.00am- 12.30pm
Venue: AFEI, Level 2, 97-99 Bathurst Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Fee (GST Free)
Member Fee: AUD $280
Non Member Fee: AUD $340
Fee includes morning tea and course materials.