- 19 September 2019
19 September 2019
9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Work Health and Safety (WHS) consultation and communication are key legal requirements. Every Person Conducting a Business or Undertaking (PCBU) must consult with its workers and must communicate WHS information. The aim of this course is to outline the various types of consultation and communication available to support PCBU’s to find the most suitable consultation processes for their workers and work context. This may include establishing a safety committee, safety team and effective use of emails, safety meetings, toolbox talks and other safety forums.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for business owners and senior managers, safety managers/coordinators and human resources managers.
Topics covered include:
- Consultation arrangements
- Formal Safety Committees and legislative requirements
- Effective WHS communication
- The role of consultation and communication in supporting workplace cultural change
- Maintaining consultation and communication (avoiding meeting fatigue)
On completion, participants should be able to:
- Understand the significance of consultation and communication in WHS
- How, when and why consultation and communication should occur in the workplace
- Explain the functions of a Health and Safety Committee/Team and the responsibilities of the Chairperson, Secretary and members
- Locate the most meaningful and useful consultation arrangements for their organisation
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued at the completion of the course.
Duration & Venue
Duration: Half Day: 9.00am – 12.30pm
Venue: AFEI, Level 2, 97-99 Bathurst Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Fee (GST Free)
Member Fee: AUD $280
Non Member Fee: AUD $340
Fee includes morning tea and course materials.