- 28 March 2018
28 March 2018
11:00 am - 11:45 am
Presented by AFEI Legal
The workforce is made up of several categories, including: employees; independent contractors; volunteers and labour hire.
Although employees continue to represent the largest of these categories, recent estimates suggest that a substantial proportion of the workforce are engaged other than as employees. For instance, independent contracting has been estimated at over 9% of the workforce, and there appears to be an increased incidence of voluntary work extending beyond the sectors in which it has been traditionally performed. Labour hire arrangements have received much recent attention including legislation requiring licencing of labour agencies in several states.
Each of these categories has its own unique characteristics, qualities and legal consequences. Businesses need to make informed decisions about which form of engagement is suitable for the particular work. This presentation will assist business with those decisions.
This webinar will:
- Explain the essential nature of the employment relationship
- Identify the notable differences between employment and independent contracting
- Outline the critical considerations in the approach to independent contracting
- Explain the essential nature of voluntary work, and how it is different from employment
- Provide information on labour hire arrangements as an alternative to direct employment
- Provide practicable tips and recommendations
It will give you an understanding of the essential nature of the employment relationship, independent contracting and voluntary work arrangements, an appreciation of the critical considerations which should inform the decisions about engagement, an appreciation of the importance of clearly expressed written arrangements, and help you identify sources of risk and problem areas.
It is also an opportunity to have your questions answered.
Date: Wednesday, 28 March 2018
Time: 11.00am – 11.45am (AEST) – Sydney Time – duration 45 mins including Q&A
Fee (GST Free):
Member: AUD $79
Non Member: AUD $89