- 11 October 2018
11 October 2018
11:00 am - 11:45 am
This informative webinar, based on AFEI members’ questions and experience in applying these standards, will cover:
• What is the NES and who does it apply to?
• How does the NES interact with Awards or Enterprise Agreements?
• What is each entitlement under the NES?
• How are the NES supplemented by modern awards?
• Long Service Leave entitlements, including recent changes to Victorian LSL legislation
• What are the consequences of breaching the NES and Awards?
The National Employment Standards (NES), found in the Fair Work Act, are a set of 10 minimum ‘safety net’ standards that apply to all national system employees. These include annual, personal/carer’s, compassionate, parental and community service leave, notice of termination and redundancy pay, public holidays, requests for flexible working arrangements and maximum weekly hours. An award, enterprise agreement, employment contract or workplace policy cannot provide any less than these standards, but can ‘supplement’ the standards. A breach of the NES may give rise to penalties or proceedings before the Fair Work Commission, so it is important that employers are fully aware of their obligations.
Long service leave entitlements are contained in State and Territory Laws. The webinar will include an update on the Victorian Long Service Leave Act which has significant changes commencing on 1 November 2018.
Delivered by AFEI and AFEI Legal, this webinar will include practical information and tips, and answer your questions about these entitlements.
Duration: 30 minutes plus Q&A
Fee (GST Free)
Member Fee: AUD $79
Non Member Fee: AUD $89