18 November 2021 - 11.00am
18 November 2021
11:00 am - 11:40 am
25 November 2021 - 2.30pm
25 November 2021
2:30 pm - 3:10 pm
On 11 October 2021 and 1 November 2021, a Full Bench of the Fair Work Commission (FWC) handed down further decisions finalising one of its major cases, the Educational Services (Teachers) Award 2020 (the EST Award) ERO/Work Value case.
The case concerned claims for substantial increases to minimum award wage rates for early childhood teachers (ECTs) and minimum salaries for all teachers covered by the EST Award. As a major case, it has significant implications not only for Teachers, but potentially other modern awards including the Children’s Services Award.
In its earlier decision handed down in April this year, the FWC accepted that increases in minimum wage rates was justified on work value grounds. The FWC also decided to replace the EST Award’s service-based classification and wage structure, with a new ‘Australian Professional Standards for Teachers’ based classification structure and with significant increases in minimum wage rates. The further decisions in October and November have finalised outstanding issues arising from the April decision and determined the significant and comprehensive variations to the EST Award concerning transitional arrangements, salaries and classifications, progression, and allowances that commence on 1 January 2022.
The Webinar will focus on:
• Background to the unions claims including an overview of the equal remuneration and work value claims
• The FWC’s conclusions in it’s April 2021 Decision
• FWC proceedings since April 2021
• The most recent FWC decisions giving effect to, and implementation of, the April decision including commencement date for the variations
• A detailed review of the EST Award changes commencing 1 January 2022
• What the decision(s) means for employers and what you need to do.
AFEI welcomes any questions which can be forwarded to email@example.com
Duration: 30-40 mins
The Webinar is complimentary for AFEI members – Please login to the website using your username and password to show $0.00.