- 1 June 2018
1 June 2018
11:00 am - 11:45 am
The recruitment and selection process is a vital part of an organisation’s operations. It is not only important to ensure that the process is robust and reliable to select quality job candidates, but also to manage the wide range of legal risks associated with this process. Whilst employees have various avenues to seek redress for matters arising out of the employment, it is important to note that job applicants can also make claims under anti-discrimination laws, privacy laws, competition and consumer laws and, the Fair Work Act.
For this reason, this webinar will provide information about an employer’s legal obligations, practical tips for each step of the recruitment process as well as suggestions on how to manage the process to select the right candidates whilst avoiding common pitfalls which may lead to legal claims by job applicants.
The webinar will cover:
• An outline of the legal framework;
• Issues associated with preparing job descriptions, selection criteria and advertising;
• Conducting legally compliant interviews and selection processes;
• Conducting pre-employment checks;
• Issues to consider with documentation, formal offers of employment & legislative minimum conditions of employment;
• Induction essentials and the role of probation periods and
• Relevant case law examples.
This webinar will be presented by legal practitioners from AFEI Legal who have first-hand experience in the recruitment process as well as experience in advising on recruitment and selection.
This webinar would be of significant value to managers, HR staff and business operators and anyone involved in the recruitment process.
Date: Friday, 1 June 2018
Time: 11.00am – 11.45am (AEST) – Sydney Time – duration 45 mins including Q&A
Fee (GST Free):
Member: AUD $79
Non Member: AUD $89