- 17 September 2020
17 September 2020
9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Various legislation and standards require organisations or individuals to carry out a risk assessment to balance risks and rewards. Unfortunately, everyone struggles in these assessments to achieve balance and particularly in areas such as WHS where there is an absolute requirement to achieve safety matched with limited resources. This course is designed to provide a resource for persons who have to carry out risk assessments in the safety, environment & quality areas and also provide skills to individuals that need to supervise or use the risk assessment.
Who should attend
Anyone who has to carry out or use risk assessments in their activities.
Topics covered include:
- Quantitative vs Qualitative assessments.
- Understand when to apply a formal risk assessment process.
- Feel confident in selecting the various types of risk assessments.
- Risk assessment tools and techniques.’
- Information sources for assessments.
- How to remain objective.
- Examples of successful and unsuccessful risk assessments.
On completion, participants should be able to:
- Identify when to undertake a formal risk assessment.
- Undertake a risk assessment in a competent manner.
- Demonstrate how to use risk assessments to justify expenditure.
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued at the completion of the course.
Duration & Venue
Duration: Half Day: 9.00am – 12.30pm
Venue: AFEI, Level 2, 97-99 Bathurst Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Fee (GST Free)
Member Fee: $280
Non Member Fee: $340