- 3 October 2019
3 October 2019
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
This course provides newly appointed and potential team leaders with an understanding of their role and how to ensure the early support and motivation of the team. Methods of acquiring skills will include course notes, group workshop, video, practical exercises and case studies.
Who should attend
Newly appointed team leaders — possibly less than one year, trainees and potential team leaders, coordinators and leading hands.
Topics covered include:
- The role and functions of the team leader
- The ground work – assessing and gaining the support of team members
- The ground work – assessing the work systems
- Working with the manager
- Ensuring the appropriate team leadership style
- Credibility and communicating
- Effective team meetings
- Managing the difficult team member
- Issues in the early period
On completion, participants should have the ability to:
- Explain the role of a team leader
- Identify an appropriate leadership style
- Gain the trust and acceptance of the team
- Understand the best ways to assess the capabilities of team members
- Assess the optimum way to use and improve work systems
- Develop an effective working relationship with the manager
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued at the completion of the course.
Methods of acquiring the skills
Course notes, group workshop, video, practical exercises, case studies.
Duration & Venue
Duration: One Day: 9.00am – 4.30pm
Venue: AFEI, Level 2, 97-99 Bathurst Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Fee (GST Free)
Member Fee: AUD $350
Non Member Fee: AUD $395
Fee includes morning and afternoon tea, light lunch and course materials.