- 29 June 2018
29 June 2018
9:00 am - 12:30 pm
- 30 October 2018
30 October 2018
9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Identifying, Collecting and Using Information and Data for NFPs/Social Business
NFP organisations are facing client-directed and other funding reforms, slower growth in government funding, increased competition and more demands for evidence of successful outcomes of services. This half day workshop will provide crucial information, skills and practical examples of how evidenced-based KPIs and other measures can be developed, used, monitored and improved as key elements at all levels of the organisation. It will assist in ensuring effective and efficient services, funding applications, internal organisation and decision-making.
Methods used to acquire skills
Course notes, group workshop, video, practical exercises, case studies.
The presenter of the NFP Social Business Series has had at least two decades researching, consulting, training and writing for organisations in the Community Services sector.
Who should attend
CEOs, Finance Managers, Managers and Coordinators of Community Services who are responsible for developing EOI/grant applications, QA, Performance Management and other financial, operational and people management.
- The importance of Information for governance, management, measuring and monitoring.
- Financial Data Management Measurements for financial and non-financial Managers – using measuring and monitoring for cost control, analysing trends, productivity improvement and effective program and services budgeting.
- Data for identifying client needs, outcomes, designing effective services and obtaining feedback to provide effective and efficient service development.
- Using data in managing staff, including performance management and staff feedback.
- Data, KPIs and other measurement and monitoring for grant applications and other funding.
- Case studies and discussions.
Participants will gain skills to:
- Understand the importance of collecting and using data for optimum outputs and outcomes
- Identify and use the most effective data for KPIs and other measures for the organisation, client feedback and the management of staff
- Monitor and use data and performance measures to meet QA standards and a Continuous Improvement system
- Develop appropriate data for grants and other funding applications.
Participants will receive resources and follow-up to the briefing workshop to assist them turn information and ideas into action.
A Certificate of attendance will be issued at the completion of the course.
Duration & Venue
Duration: Half Day: 9.00am – 12.30pm
Venue: AFEI, Level 2, 97-99 Bathurst Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Fee (GST Free)
Member Fee: AUD $260
Non Member Fee: AUD $310
Fee includes morning tea and workshop materials.