- 27 July 2018
27 July 2018
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- 22 November 2018
22 November 2018
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
This half-day workshop will provide critical information, skills and practical examples of the changing role of back-office support to frontline services and client services. Participants will be provided with case studies, resources and tools to assist in identifying and providing client-focused, efficient services, applying for funding and other key elements in back-office services, including the support required for internal organisation and client service information and decision-making.
Methods used to acquire skills
Course notes, group workshop, video, practical exercises, case studies.
The presenter of the NFP Social Business Series has had at least two decades researching, consulting, training and writing for organisations in the Community Services sector.
Who should attend
CEOs, Finance Managers and Managers and Coordinators of Community Services (Civil Society organisations) who have responsibility for IT, Marketing, developing EOI/grant applications, Quality Assurance, Performance Management, organisation and program monitoring and reporting and other financial, operational and people management.
- The importance of the back office
- Output and outcome measuring and monitoring for the back office.
- Financial management and operations – cost management, cost reduction, service – back office cooperation; Linking finance to frontline services.
- ITC and the future – CRM, out-of-office connections, shared services, social media management, systems.
- Best practice back office information to support for grant applications and other funding.
- Case studies and discussions.
Participants will gain an understanding of, and skills to:
- Understand KPIs and other methods of measuring outputs and outcomes throughout the organisation
- Identify and use the most effective KPIs and other measures for the organisation
- Identify and use the most effective method of KPIs and other measures for client feedback
- Identify the most effective KPIs and other measures for the management of staff
- Monitor and use performance measures to meet QA standards and a Continuous Improvement system
- Develop appropriate KPIs for grants and other funding.
A Certificate of attendance will be issued at the completion of the course.
Duration & Venue
Duration: Half Day: 9.00am – 12.30pm
Venue: AFEI, Level 2, 97-99 Bathurst Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Fee (GST Free)
Member Fee: AUD $260
Non Member Fee: AUD $310
Fee includes morning tea and workshop materials.