- 15 Nov 2018
15 November 2018
9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Managers have increasing legal and other responsibilities in Australian workplaces and safety is one key responsibility. This course is designed for anyone in a position of leadership, to support them in understanding their legal obligations and to help develop skills in communicating, enforcing and managing safety.
Who should attend
Anyone in a leadership position in a workplace.
Topics covered include:
- Understanding key responsibilities.
- Motivating workers to achieve WHS outcomes.
- Effective consultation.
- Linking safety and performance management.
- Supporting a safety culture.
- Understanding boundaries and expectations (for example: ‘When does an issue become a safety issue and when is it a grievance or performance management issue?’)
On completion, participants should be able to:
- Understand the key responsibilities of their role.
- Motivate their direct reports to prioritise WHS.
- Feel confident in enforcing safety as a mandatory workplace experience.
- Understand the complexities between safety, workplace grievances, workers compensation and management.
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued at the completion of the course.
Duration & Venue
Duration: Half Day: 9.00am – 12.30pm Venue: AFEI, Level 2, 97-99 Bathurst Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Fee (GST Free)
Member Fee: AUD $280
Non Member Fee: AUD $340
Fee includes morning tea and course materials.