- 17 October 2019
17 October 2019
9:00 am - 12:30 pm
This course is designed to introduce Work Health and Safety (WHS) to those with little or no experience of workplace safety. Australian WHS legislation has changed significantly over the past 5-10 years and this course examines the key elements of safety legislation and safety practice.
Who should attend
Workers, managers, company owners/directors who need to refresh their knowledge of WHS, or who wish to understand more about WHS basics.
- Safety legislation in Australia
- Court interpretations of safety law
- Key requirements and responsibilities
- Key concepts and terms
On completion, participants should be able to:
- Understand basic WHS legal requirements and responsibilities
- Understand the WHS requirements of their role
- Contextualise the importance of safety in the workplace
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued at the completion of the course.
Duration & Venue
Duration: Half Day: 9.00am – 12.30pm
Venue: AFEI, Level 2, 97-99 Bathurst Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Fee (GST Free)
Member Fee: AUD $280
Non Member Fee: AUD $340
Fee includes morning tea and course materials.