- 7 August 2019
7 August 2019
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- 17 September 2019
17 September 2019
9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Reports are a critical communication channel in the work environment. A well structured report can enhance the flow of information and help make effective business decisions. A poorly constructed, unclear report can lead to misunderstanding or worse still missed business opportunities! This course is designed for those staff who write business reports. Whether it’s an informal report, a simple one page report, an internal progress report, or more formal reports and client proposal reports, this course will provide you with the tools and techniques to write high quality, professional, effective reports.
Who should attend
Any staff member who is responsible for writing a business report.
Topics covered include:
- Why do we write reports and what makes for clear, effective report writing
- Identifying the audience needs and concerns and how to write from an audience perspective
- How to plan and organise your thinking
- Identifying the important information and key messages that should be included
- Sentence and paragraph construction
- How to get a logical style and flow in each paragraph and section, as well as the document overall
- Writing a draft
- How to write a succinct executive summary
- What goes in to an effective conclusion
- What are the potential different sections of a report and how could a report sequenced and structured
- Using visuals to increase the effectiveness of your message and to make reading the report easier
- How to gain the readers’ attention and be persuasive in your writing
- Legal requirements when writing a report
On completion, participants will be able to better plan, organise and write more effective business reports.
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued at the completion of the course.
Duration & Venue
Duration: One Day: 9.00am – 1.00pm
Venue: AFEI, Level 2, 97-99 Bathurst Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Fee (GST Free)
Member Fee: AUD $260
Non Member Fee: AUD $310
Fee includes morning tea and course materials.