24 July 2018
9:30 am - 4:30 pm
Managing Staff located in the Office and Offsite
This workshop will provide knowledge and skills to effectively manage staff within the policies, requirements and goals of the organisation in a way that ensures accountability, alignment and as much motivation as possible. The workshop includes examples and case studies that participants can adapt in their own workplace. A section of the workshop will provide tools and ideas for managing in home and other out-of-office situations.
Methods used to acquire skills
Course notes, group workshop, video, practical exercises, case studies.
Ray Bennett has over two decades of experience researching, consulting and training managers and team leaders across Australia. He has advised organisations on strategies for managing teams and offsite teams in remote and regional Australia.
Who should attend
Supervisors, team leaders, frontline managers and those who have responsibility for the work of others.
- The framework for managing people
- Managing yourself to manage others
- Day-to-day staff management − situation analysis
- Managing different personalities, difficult people and teams
- Managing offsite staff
On completion, participants should be able to:
- Understand the elements which are necessary to manage staff
- Identify the key factors which will assist motivating and managing staff
- Develop skills and tools to manage staff on a day-to-day basis
- Appreciate how to work with and manage different personalities and difficult staff.
- Manage teams.
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued at the completion of the workshop.
Duration & Venue
Duration: Full Day: 9.30am – 4.30pm
Venue: Springwood, Newcastle, Wollongong, Dubbo – Details of actual venue will be forwarded
with Registration Confirmation
Fee (GST Free)
Member Fee: AUD $290
Non Member Fee: AUD $310
Fee includes morning tea, lunch and course materials.