- 27 November 2017
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
NFP organisations are facing client-directed and other funding reforms, slower growth in government funding, increased competition and demands for evidence of successful outcomes of services. This briefing workshop will provide critical information, skills and practical examples of how evidenced-based KPIs and other measures can be developed, used, monitored and improved as key elements at all levels of the organisation. It will assist in ensuring effective and efficient services, applying for funding and other key elements requiring internal organisation and service information and decision-making.
Methods of acquiring the skills include: Workshop notes, group workshop, video, practical exercises, case studies.
Who should attend
CEOs, Finance Managers, Managers and Coordinators of Community Services (Civil Society) organisations who have responsibility for developing EOI/grant applications, quality assurance, performance management, organisation and program monitoring and reporting and other financial, operational and people management functions.
Topics covered include:
- The importance of output and outcome measuring and monitoring
- Financial management measures for financial and non-financial managers – using measuring and monitoring for cost control, analysing trends, productivity improvement and effective program and services budgeting.
- Using measurement and monitoring for identifying client outcomes, designing effective services and obtaining feedback to provide effective and efficient service developments
- Using measuring and monitoring in managing staff, including performance management and staff feedback
- KPIs and other measurement and monitoring for grant applications and other funding
- Case studies and discussions
On completion, participants should be able to:
- Understand KPIs and other methods of measuring outputs and outcomes throughout the organisation
- Identify and use the most effective KPIs and other measures for the organisation
- Identify and use the most effective method of KPIs and other measures for client feedback
- Identify the most effective KPIs and other measures for the management of staff
- Monitor and use performance measures to meet QA standards and a continuous improvement system
- Develop appropriate KPIs for grants and other funding
Participants will receive resources and follow up to the briefing workshop to assist them turn information and ideas into action.
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued at the completion of the workshop.
Duration & Venue
Duration: One Day: 9.00am – 4.30pm
Venue: AFEI, Level 2, 97-99 Bathurst Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Fee (GST Free)
Member Fee: AUD $330
Non Member Fee: AUD $380
Fee includes morning and afternoon tea, light lunch and workshop materials.