- 15 June 2018
15 June 2018
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- 26 October 2018
26 October 2018
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
This workshop can be successfully presented on-site to your team or a team leader can attend the AFEI Workshop and take the methods and information back to their team.
This workshop will provide knowledge and skills for understanding and improving the work behaviour and work of team members and others who create work outcomes and work behaviour problems in an Early Learning/Child Care Centre. It includes examples and case studies which participants can adapt to their own workplace.
Methods used to acquire skills
Course notes, group workshop, video, practical exercises, case studies.
Who should attend
Directors/Managers, team leaders and others who have responsibility for the work of others in Child Care Centres.
- The framework for managing staff
- Managing yourself to manage others
- Managing difficult staff
- Managing difficult teams
- Working with difficult managers and colleagues
On completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Define what are unacceptable work outcomes and behaviours
- Identify the possible causes and effects of poor workplace behaviour
- Assess how they are affecting/contributing to the difficult behaviour
- Plan to reduce the effects of difficult workplace behaviour
- Implement short/long-term strategies for managing difficult behaviour and poor work outcomes
- Record and monitor incidents and actions to report to the senior manager if the difficult behaviour continues.
A Certificate of attendance will be issued at the completion of the course.
Duration & Venue
Duration: One Day: 9.00am – 4.30pm
Venue: AFEI, Level 2, 97-99 Bathurst Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Fee (GST Free)
Member Fee: AUD $350
Non Member Fee: AUD $395
Fee includes morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and workshop materials.