- 26 November 2018
26 November 2018
9:30 am - 1:00 pm
An effective recruitment and selection strategy is essential to the success of your business. The recruitment and selection process can become a very expensive exercise if not approached in a planned and proactive manner.
The challenge does not only lie in selecting the best applicant but also in ensuring the recruitment and selection process does not lead to any unintended claims from either unsuccessful prospective employees or successful applicants engaged by an employer.
The presentation will be conducted by consultants and solicitors from AFEI and AFEI Legal, drawing on their experience in recruitment and selection and associated legal claims.
Who should attend
Anyone responsible for the recruitment and selection of employees.
- Legal framework: discrimination, the Fair Work Act, consumer laws and privacy.
- Preparing job descriptions.
- Objectivity in the selection process.
- Pre-employment checks (medical, criminal etc)
- Types of engagement (employment, contractor, volunteer etc).
- Considering award coverage and appropriate remuneration.
- Job offers and contracts.
- Induction and probation periods.
- Recent case studies.
On completion, participants should be able to:
- Prepare clear job descriptions.
- Identify the different types of engagements for workers.
- Understand the different recruitment processes and when they should be used.
- Appreciate the laws which effect the recruitment process.
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued at the completion of the workshop.
Duration & Venue
Duration: Half Day: 9.30am – 1.00pm
Venue: AFEI, Level 2, 97-99 Bathurst Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Fee (GST Free)
Member Fee: AUD $290
Non Member Fee: AUD $350
Fee includes morning tea and course materials.