- 11 August 2020
11 August 2020
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- 12 November 2020
12 November 2020
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
This workshop will provide the opportunity for managers, supervisors, coordinators and team leaders to develop resources and skills to recruit, retain and manage staff who work out of direct supervision as In-Home or Social Inclusion Care or Support workers for Aged Care and people with a disability.
Participants will receive the results of best practice research that will allow them to develop an approach and plan for improving the compliance and productivity of In-Home Care and Support staff.
The workshop will provide knowledge and skills to effectively manage frontline staff working out of the office in clients’ homes within the policies, requirements and goals of the organisation in a way that ensures accountability, alignment and as much motivation as possible. The workshop includes examples and case studies that participants can adapt into their own workplace.
Methods used to acquire skills: Course notes, group workshop, video, practical exercises and case studies.
Presenter: The presenter has had at least two decades researching, consulting, training and writing for organisations in the Community Services Sector.
Who should attend
Supervisors, team leaders, frontline managers and those who have responsibility for staff who work with people with a disability in their homes or in-home aged care.
Topics covered include:
- The framework for managing frontline Disability Services and Aged Care workers.
- Recruiting and retaining In-Home and Social Inclusion staff.
- The day-to-day management of frontline staff.
- Supervising difficult frontline staff.
- Ensuring frontline staff act as a team.
On completion, participants should be able to:
- Understanding the factors that affect the recruitment, retention and ongoing engagement and motivation of frontline workers
- Get alignment and accountability for Disability Services and Aged Care staff
- Ensure self-management attitudes and skills
- Monitor frontline performance
- Appraise – review the performance of frontline staff
- In-Home employees and client focus
- Work separately but be part of a team
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued at the completion of the workshop.
Duration & Venue
Duration: One Day: 9.00am – 4.30pm
Venue: AFEI, Level 2, 97-99 Bathurst Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Fee (GST Free)
Member Fee: AUD $350
Non Member Fee: AUD $395
Fee includes morning and afternoon tea, light lunch and course materials.