- 10 May 2019
10 May 2019
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
- 18 October 2019
18 October 2019
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Participants will gain an understanding of, and skills in, managing team leaders. They will develop an awareness of what management/supervision of team leaders involves and skills in the day-to-day activities required.
This course will provide information and competencies required to manage team leaders and other staff who have the responsibility for the work of others. The competencies include those associated with identifying the roles of team leaders and their team members; assisting them in setting goals; measuring and monitoring teams; identifying the leadership required of team leaders; building commitment within teams and cooperation between them; managing the performance of the team leader. It also provides skills and information on the role of the senior manager/manager in coaching the team leader. There will be appropriate case studies and examples.
Who should attend
CEO, Senior Managers, Managers, Supervisors and those who have responsibility for managing team leaders, coordinators and staff who have responsibility for the work of others.
Topics covered include:
- The framework for managing staff in an organisation.
- The roles of the senior manager, managers and the team leaders.
- Developing frontline leaders.
- Setting goals
- Reporting, measuring and monitoring teams.
- Effective team leader performance management.
- Getting the team leaders to themselves be part of an effective team.
- Advising on the management of difficult teams and difficult team situations.
- Coaching and mentoring.
On completion, participants should have the ability to:
- Demonstrate leadership skills and develop leadership in frontline managers.
- Manage and coach team leaders.
- Establish communication and collaboration with team leaders.
- Develop organisational structures and position descriptions.
- Managing and monitoring the senior team.
- Establish the compliance and operational activities of a team.
- Work with team leaders to establish goals and targets for individuals and the group.
- Coach and mentor managers and team leaders
- Assist team leaders manage difficult staff
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued at the completion of the course.
Methods of acquiring the skills
Course notes, group workshop, video, practical exercises, case studies.
Duration & Venue
Duration: One Day: 9.00am – 4.30pm
Venue: AFEI, Level 2, 97-99 Bathurst Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Fee (GST Free)
Member Fee: AUD $350
Non Member Fee: AUD $395
Fee includes morning and afternoon tea, light lunch and course materials.