- 13 August 2020
13 August 2020
9:00 am - 12:30 pm
The work health and safety (WHS) management system, AS/ NZS ISO 45001, is a new standard that provides a framework for an organisation to manage risks and opportunities to help prevent work-related injury and ill health to workers.
AS/NZS ISO 45001:2018, Occupational health and safety management systems – Requirements with guidance for use is intended to provide a framework for workplace safety to benefit employees and to reduce risks in the workplace.
This course aims to review the advantages & disadvantages of this international approach, familiarise participants with the new system and also add additional guidance to support organisations and individuals utilising the standard.
Who should attend
Anyone who is involved in the management of WHS in an organisation and would like an introduction to this standard which introduces new concepts and clarifies some concerns that have been raised with the older standards.
Topics covered include:
- Format of the new standard.
- How the context of the organisation will set the scope of the system.
- Alignment with other standards.
- How will this standard integrate into legislation.
- How far do we need to go to document the latest system.
- Advantages and disadvantages of the new ISO standard in achieving improved safety.
On completion, participants should be able to:
- Understand the place of ISO 45001 in the role of managing WHS.
- Understand how the revised format integrates into other standards.
- Understand how organisations can use this standard to integrate management systems.
- Use the standard to improve communication regarding WHS.
- Demonstrate how to implement the ISO standard whilst reducing the paperwork involved in previous standards.
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued at the completion of the course.
Duration & Venue
Duration: Half Day: 9.00am – 12.30pm
Venue: AFEI, Level 2, 97-99 Bathurst Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Fee (GST Free)
Member Fee: $280
Non Member Fee: $340