- 22 June 2020
22 June 2020
9:00 am - 12:30 pm
- 9 November 2020
9 November 2020
9:00 am - 12:30 pm
Work Health and Safety (WHS) consultation is a legal requirement. Consultation may take a number of forms, including through formal safety committees and more informal safety teams. The aim of this course is to provide the information and skills to enable safety team and committee participants to conduct productive and well-organised Health and Safety meetings.
The Health and Safety Committee’s role is to work with the PCBU to bring about improvements in the workplace. In a number of organisation this objective is not met due to a lack of leadership and commitment at all levels in the committee.
Who should attend
Health and Safety Committee or Team member who are needed to play a leadership or mentoring role to improve the functioning of the committee.
Topics covered include:
- Opportunities for WHS consultation
- Objectives of the Health and Safety Committee or Team
- Leadership strategies for an effective meeting
- Preparation of rules for the Committee or Team
- Dealing with problems and strategies to resolve conflict during meetings
- Strategies to avoid wasting time during meetings
- Making decisions and implementing them
- Monitoring action plans and reporting achievements
On completion, participants should be able to:
- Explain the purpose and role of the Health and Safety Committee and other consultation arrangements.
- Explain how the Health and Safety Committee or Team can assist an organisation to consult and how, when and why consultation should be conducted in the workplace.
- Describe the role of the Committee or Team in the decision-making process regarding WHS issues.
- Use various tools to make the Committee or Team more effective.
- Outline the barriers to effective Health and Safety Committee or Team meetings.
- Explain how the team can liaise more effectively with management.
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued at the completion of the course.
Duration & Venue
Duration: Half Day: 9.00am – 12.30pm
Venue: AFEI, Level 2 97-99 Bathurst Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Fee (GST Free)
Member Fee: AUD $280
Non Member Fee: AUD $340
Fee includes morning tea and course materials.