- 30 May 2018
30 May 2018
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Your ability to develop and maintain relationships with colleagues and friends depends on your ability to communicate effectively. How well you communicate can impact your professional image, your performance and your prospects for career mobility. Good communication skills can be learned.
Who should attend
Anyone who wants to improve the effectiveness of their communication skills in the work environment.
- Communication style differences
- Effective and powerful communication skills
- Effective questioning skills
- The lost art of active listening
- Body language
- Diplomacy, tact and credibility
- Handling difficult communication situations
On completion, participants should be able to:
- Identify and develop your personal communication style and that of others
- Receive and transmit information, ideas, thoughts, feelings and needs more clearly and effectively
- Listen to others better and respond appropriately
- Understand how to communicate effectively and tactfully with clients, direct reports, colleagues, your boss and senior management
- Use behaviours that enhance working relationships
- Use techniques and strategies to become a more effective and confident communicator
- Choose and use the most appropriate words and emotional tone for every business situation
- Communicate in difficult situations in a positive, more thoughtful and diplomatic manner.
All participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance at the completion of the course.
Duration & Venue
Duration: One Day: 9.00am – 4.30pm
Venue: AFEI, Level 2, 97-99 Bathurst Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Fee (GST Free)
Member Fee: AUD $350
Non Member Fee: AUD $395
Fee includes morning and afternoon tea, light lunch and course materials.