- 14 August 2019
14 August 2019
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Managers need to be proactive in improving performance of their employees. Achievement of results in any organisation is through the individual achievements of its people. One of the key qualities of being an effective manager or supervisor is the ability to coach effectively or ensure on-the-job training is provided, hence it is key to know when and how to apply coaching and on-the-job training skills. This workshop will help you develop those skills.
Who should attend
Managers, supervisors and team leaders, employees who coach and support others to improve and sustain their performance.
Topics covered include:
- What is coaching?
- The difference between coaching and on-the-job training
- Where does mentoring and counselling fit?
- When to use coaching vs training
- Coaching process and skills
- On the job training process and skills
- Effective feedback
- Dealing with challenges
- Common mistakes
On completion, participants should be able to:
- Use the key skills for successful coaching or training
- Understand the process of coaching
- Plan and prepare effectively for successful coaching or training
- Give constructive, useful feedback
- Run an effective coaching or training session or series of sessions
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued at the completion of the workshop.
Duration & Venue
Duration: One Day: 9.00am – 4.30pm
Venue: AFEI, Level 2, 97-99 Bathurst Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Fee (GST Free)
Member Fee: AUD $350
Non Member Fee: AUD $395
Fee includes morning and afternoon tea, light lunch and workshop materials.