- 13 November 2019
13 November 2019
9:00 am - 4:30 pm
Assertiveness is a skill that can be learned and developed over time. Being assertive is an important communication skill that will impact your effectiveness at work. This course will provide essential assertiveness skills and techniques to help you be more effective in communication, negotiation and various workplace situations. It will assist you in developing more effective working relationships with clients, employers and colleagues. The course includes discussions, exercises and step-by-step methods.
Who should attend
Staff at all levels in business who need to be assertive.
- Look at what assertiveness is, your rights and the rights of others
- Distinguish between assertive, aggressive and passive thinking behaviour and communication
- Identify any unhelpful thinking or behaviour
- Look at how to communicate effectively, with the appropriate level of assertiveness
- Identify various assertiveness techniques
- Understand different communication approaches and how that may affect perceptions
- Look at ways to meet your needs without sacrificing the needs of others
- Manage your emotions and your emotional responses to others in the workplace
On completion, participants should be able to:
- Identify what assertiveness, aggressiveness and passiveness look like
- Confidently and effectively express yourself
- Use communication skills that facilitate constructive responses in the workplace
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued at the completion of the course.
Duration & Venue
Duration: One Day: 9.00am – 4.30pm
Venue: AFEI, Level 2, 97-99 Bathurst Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Fee (GST Free)
Member Fee: AUD $350
Non Member Fee: AUD $395
Fee includes morning and afternoon tea, light lunch and course materials.