- About AFEI
- Our Services
- We Help Employers
- My Account
Australian Federation of Employers and Industries (AFEI) is a Registered Training Organisatino (RTO) accredited under the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) Australian Federation of Employers and Industries (AFEI) is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) accredited under the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF) Standards and audited by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA). AFEI conducts both Nationally Accredited Certificate IV and Diploma qualifications and non-accredited Professional Development courses. How can Vocational Education and Training (VET) assist in my professional development? VET is nationally recognised training and assessment that:
- Provides skills and knowledge for your work;
- Acknowledges the skills and knowledge you already have;
- Enhances your career opportunities;
- Makes it easier for you to move and gain employment throughout Australia;
- Assists learning throughout life.
VET services are provided by RTOs, such as AFEI, who are able to issue a range of AQF (Australian Qualifications Framework) qualifications and Statements of Attainment upon successful completion of assessment requirements. How can I gain a national qualification or a Statement of Attainment? The most obvious way is to attend training and complete the assessment activities. However, many people have gained the skills and knowledge required for a qualification or unit of competency in a variety of other ways, including life and work experience and self directed learning. With AFEI you can gain a qualification or a Statement of Attainment through one of the following three pathways:
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) of your current skills and knowledge which you may have gained through personal and work experience. Previous courses that you have attended can also contribute to recognition of prior learning; or
- Attending training (training room based) and successfully completing assessment activities in your workplace; or
- A combination of pathways 1 and 2
Does my previous training count? AFEI recognises AQF qualifications issued by other RTOs throughout Australia -this process is known as National Recognition. National Recognition allows applicants to receive recognition for individual units of competency or whole AQF qualifications. If the training package from which your qualification or Statement of Attainment was linked has been superseded, the RPL process would be the appropriate way to proceed.