- About AFEI
- Our Services
- We Help Employers
- My Account
WORK HEALTH AND SAFETY
Do you need help making your workplace safe?
Have you been visited by a WorkCover inspector or union official about safety issues?
Safety regulation is chaning with the introduction of the model Work Health Safety Act in some states.
NSW, Qld, ACT andNT have enacted the Work health Safety Act and regulations which came into effect from 1 January 2012.
Tasmania deferred the legislation which will commence in that state from 1 January 2013.
Employers and industry groups in South Australia were strongly opposed to many of the model legislation provisions and as a result, the legislation which will come into effect in South Australia from 1 January 2012 has some departures from the model law. These include to the extent of control, union right of entry, the right to silence, height work, safe work method statements and other issues.
Victoria has decided not to adopt the model Act and WA will not do so without changes to certain provisions. queensland is reviewing the legislation.
The legislation requires some significant changes to safety management and in particular has introuced new categories of duty holders and new obligations.
We explain what the new work health and safety laws means for your workplace. We explain what action can be taken to minimise your risk and how to deal with problems that arise.
Our help, for business and organisations of any size, includes:
WHS Advice and Information
- Explaining your responsibilities
- Information and training to meet WHS obligations
- Advising what to do when an accident happens
- Giving guidance on accident investigation and prevention
- Dealing with employee breaches of safety policy
- Explaining the powers of WorkCovver inspectors and union officials
WHS Consultancy Services
- Drafting safety policies and procedures
- Conducting safety audits of your workplace
- Step-by-step instruction on consulting with employees and other duty holers
- Advice and inspection of your workplace to deal in detail with WHS issues
- Onsite safety audits
- Extensive training courses for hazard identification and prevention
- Hazard identification and risk management
- Workplace Hotline available for speedy advice
Model work health and safety Act
The "model" Work Health and Safety Legislation in some states has been replaced by legislation and has harmonised differences in interstate regulation.
WHS Legislation 2012
We have an extensive range of safety training programs for employees, supervisors and employers.